New York collects state income taxes using a progressive 8-bracket system.
For single taxpayers:
- 4% on the first $8,400 of taxable income.
- 4.5% on taxable income between $8,401 and $11,600.
- 5.25% on taxable income between $11,601 and $13,750.
- 5.9% on taxable income between $13,751 and $21,150.
- 6.45% on taxable income between $21,151 and $79,600.
- 6.65% on taxable income between $79,601 and $212,500.
- 6.85% on taxable income between $212,501 and $1,062,650.
- 8.82% on taxable income of more than $1,062,651.
Empire State *Income tax reform *are due April 15 or the next business day if that date falls on a weekend or holiday.
New York City has its own *tax rates and brackets*.
The state’s earned income credit has increased to 30% of the federal credit. The credit helps taxpayers offset increases in living expenses and Social Security taxes, reduces taxes owed and in some cases can even provide a refund to filers who do not owe any tax. File Form IT-215, *Claim for Earned Income Credit*
There are different types of personal income tax you can fill, such as:
- Form 1040 (U.S. Individual Income Tax Return) (a.k.a. “the long form”) Form 1040
- Form 1040A (U.S. Individual Income Tax Return) (a.k.a. “the short form”) Form 1040 A
- Form 1040EZ (Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents)Form 1040EZ
- Form 1040NR (U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return)Form 1040 NR
- Form 1040NR-EZ (U.S. Income Tax Return for Certain Nonresident Aliens With No Dependents)Form 1040 NR-EZ
At I.G.S.S.Services, we encourage you to fill your personal income tax with experts that have been offering quality services for several decades to the community. I.G.S.S. Services relentlessly focus on making sure you profit from every deduction and credit available. They ask the right questions so you get the biggest tax refund that you are entitled to.